Updating your e-commerce platform can do a lot of positive things for your brand. But if you aren’t careful, it can also wreak havoc on your site’s authority with search engines.
Here are nine things you should do to safeguard your SEO efforts during the process.
1. Create a List Of All URLs On Your Existing Site
2. Clarify What Changes Will Occur During the Site Migration
3. Create a List of the URLs That You Will Implement on the New Site
4. Create a Redirect Map from Your Legacy Site to the Updated Site
5. Account for Any Manually Created Links
6. Create a List of Your Most Authoritative Pages
7. Measure Your Rankings
8. Address Any Pages That Will Go Missing
9. Post-Launch Monitoring
Read More – www.searchenginejournal.com/seo-ecommerce-platform-migration/217307/
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!